- RSVP to May 8th Awards Dinner April 25, 2014
- Event: "Spring into Nature" April 26, 2014 at 9:00 am – 4:00 pm 1101 Casey Rd, Basom, NY, United States There will be activities throughout the day for the entire fami ly including nature related exhibits, hands-on activities for the kids, a nd live birds of prey. Come and meet Puddles, a blue goose that is the re fuge mascot. Speakers will be addressing such topics as water level manage ment, invasive species and mussels.…
- Keep America Beautiful: The Great American CleanUp May 3, 2014 at 9:00 am – 11:30 am 266 Hopkins Street, Buffalo, NY, United States and 266 Genesee St, Buffalo, NY, United States A neighborhood litter cleanup. Supplies will be provided. Pleas e join us at one of two locations. Register by calling 405-1265 or joleighw @modern-corp.com. FREE LUNCH to follow!
- Writer's Group Meeting May 5, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm 695 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, NY, United States Hear a short presentation on a topic, discuss energy related n ews, letters and articles, and encourage each other to write for publicat ion on topics of interest. If you would like to write, critique writing, or track local news items, please let us know via email c/o billnowa@gmail .com.
- Niagara Group Annual Awards Dinner May 8, 2014 at 5:45 pm – 8:00 pm 3085 Sheridan Drive, Buffalo, NY, United States This is always a fun event where you are able to meet fellow Si errans, Executive Committee members and this year’s award recipients. All are invited. The dinner is being held My Tomato Pie Restaurant, which is located in the Northtown Plaza between Alberta Dr. and Niagara Falls Blvd. The function will begin at 5:45pm…
Monthly Archives: May 2011
You have probably seen or heard advertisements for a “clean” natural gas recently. An industrial boom in the drilling of natural gas has been brought about over the past several years using a new industrial technology developed by Halliburton and … Continue reading
Our next Executive Committee meeting is scheduled for next Tuesday, May 24th at 7pm in Scots Hall on the Daemen College Campus. We will be giving updates on our recent Lobby Days, upcoming events, and Committee efforts. Come and join … Continue reading
The Sierra Club Niagara Group will be showing the movie GASLAND in Batavia on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 6:30pm. The program is free and open to the public. Location: Richmond Memorial Library, Gallery Room 19 Ross St., Batavia, NY … Continue reading
The Niagara Group Annual Awards Dinner will be held this coming Wednesday, May 11, at the Eagle House Restaurant, 5578 Main St., Williamsville. Doors open at 5:45 PM with dinner served at 6:30 PM. We are honored to present the … Continue reading
On Wednesday, May 4th, at 7:00 PM there will be a discussion on “The Future of Hydrofracking” at WNED studios, 140 Lower Terrace, Buffalo. Free and open to the public. Featuring a panel and Q&A session with: * Martin Casstevens, … Continue reading